IT Project Manager – January 2017 – 28 February 2020 SC Cleared (January 2019)
Babcock International – Bristol
Manager in a large and growing company where I shared my skills and experience to build solid solutions to NDA defense contracts. This role follows Agile and PRINCE2 methodologies, an interesting mix where both methodologies crossover on many projects.
- Manage the Windows 10 Roll-out across the Land sector of the business covering both Europe and North America which has taken 18 months.
- Site Security – Putting security access points into a re-fitting factory for armored vehicles
- Intranet solution for one of th top supermarkets – A full Agile solution delivery with close working relationship with the customer and Scrum team to deliver a backlog of work in a SharePoint/Azure environment
- Digital Access – Implementation of digital table, screen and devices using a package called Mezzanine. (current)
- Assistance implementing a core responsive and adaptive Agile and Waterfall framework and Gate process. (on-going)
Portfolio Manager – November 2013 – Dec 2016
International Baccalaureate – Cardiff
Managed the PM activities and processes in the Cardiff office and also managed a portfolio of IT projects that supported the Assessment division of the IB. Staff management varied in size due to the number of contractors and off-shore development teams being used at any one time but on average this was approximately 16 members of staff.
I was required to plan and manage schedules, implementation and integration, and communicate timely status/progress to the stakeholders. This also involved a close relationship with the Solutions Design team of Business Analysts and Solution Architects.
- Manage full life cycle web solutions and software development projects for the Assessment Division.
- Develop and manage scope, strategy, project plans, resources, and budget for each engagement.
- Responsible for managing a $20M portfolio of projects.
- Lead an integrated delivery teams and off-shore teams delivering SOA web services and web solutions to clients.
- Ensured a strong PMO structure which aligned and had an active input into head office PMO based in The Hague
- Oversee delivery of all projects in the portfolio including management of risk, staffing, recruiting, budget, schedule, and career development of the team
- Continual communication with IT Technical Architects to ensure dependencies are managed within the solutions.
- Support business development through client meetings, proposal responses, and strategy
Portfolio/Project Delivery Manager – April 2010 – Nov 2013
Target Group – Newport
I was head of the IT Portfolio and Demand Management team, responsible for supporting the portfolio governance process, the development and realisation of IT strategies, analysis of portfolio investments and reporting to enable effective decision making and delivering business value.
- Support the intake process of IT idea, project and enhancement demand inclusive of IT projects and broader strategic initiatives via Technical Architects
- Partner closely with IT Business Relationship Managers, Business Process Managers, Business Solutions and Technical Analysts, and business partners to analyze new projects and readiness for governance decisions and provides transparency of portfolio investments
- Sprint Planning/scheduling RPG and C++ development teams, testers, analysts and architects
- Manage the financials of the portfolio of work in establishing the IT project budget, adherence to the forecast, and monitoring the actual spend and any variances
- Manage portfolio management artifacts, decisions, communications, metrics, and reporting
- Create a collaborative partnership among executive leaders and portfolio stakeholders and enables resource demand planning, change management and project pipeline planning decisions
- Enable the evolution of the portfolio management processes and framework against an identified maturity model
- Facilitate and actively train IT business relationship managers and project managers techniques and processes for business case development
- Support the delivery and evolution of Target’s enterprise project planning and execution toolset against a defined roadmap
- Monitor the cost, calculate the number of resources for the project and deploy it for the project.
Operations and Projects Manager – Apr 2007 – Mar 2010
Integral Mobile Data – Cwmbran
Reporting to the CEO, the role of the IT Operations and Projects Manager was to ensure that the IT Department provide the firm with IT Systems and Services that meet its overall business needs and strategy.
- Introduce an Agile SDLC for the development team consisting of C++ and VBA developers.
- The Managers of the IT Technical services, IT Helpdesk, IT Development, IT Deployment, IT Training and IT Projects teams reported directly to me
- Coaching and mentoring the development team
- Management and continuous improvement of the ITIL aligned Change, Incident and Problem Management processes and review where appropriate.
- Implementation of Service Level agreements for services, processes, procedures and client communications.
- The assessment and recruitment of appropriate staff and their training and development
- Researching and reporting on IT Developments which may benefit the firm, in conjunction with IT Consultants where necessary
- Presenting project proposals to all the other Directors in collaboration with Technical Architects and CTO
- Perform a Solution Design role when building Tender Responses pulling together Business Case and Requirements Definition at a high level
- Preparing the annual IT Budget and controlling expenditure against the budget
- Ensuring the firm complies with software licensing rules
- Maintaining appropriate advice and communication with the business
- Establishing and maintaining strategic supplier relationships
- Procurement of approved systems and software based on the IT strategy
- Ensuring the IT Disaster Recovery plan is kept up-to-date and takes into account all systems used by the firm Ensuring the Directors were aware of any issues concerning the IT Department and IT Services, and suggestion of appropriate solutions
Head of Worldwide IT & Communications – Jun 2003 – Mar 2007
Protherics UK – Cardigan
In this role I drove both IT strategy and day to day operational services provision, ensuring that Protherics in the UK, Australia and America have suitable technical resource, applications architecture and support activities (on site and remotely) effectively, securely, and with a regulatory focus throughout each solution delivered. All of this was to be achieved within budget constraints and by implementing a new ERP system.
IT Development Manager – May 1998 – Jun 2003
Barclays Stockbrokers – Peterborough
As IT Manager I would manage staff within Information Technology responsible for planning and organising the development of technical support, software/systems programming and operating system capabilities for data processing to ensure the interfacing of software systems with hardware configuration and applications system requirements for Barclays Stockbrokers. Oversee, develop and implement system software and technical requirements such as operating systems, compilers and utility programs. Establish systems programming standards and program documentation requirements. Recommend system improvements, monitor design progress and prepare design project reports.